Three reasons I think the Beeb is cool.

I'm a big fan of BBC radio. I used to listen to the online stream religiously for a while. I learnt two things today this week about the BBC that made me smile
  • They have an incredibly ambitious Web 2.0 program (slightly negative tone to the paidcontent post though.)
  • Given how much news tend to be over-sensationalized and needlessly analyzed today, I think its kinda cool that in 1948, the BBC radio broadcast said "There is no news today - goodnight." I can't find the link to the Economist opinion piece where I read it, but this a pretty funny spoof instead.:)

  • They're responsible for the first three seasons of Coupling. Season Four was good, but...



New ChiBus article out this week as well. Wrote it in a terrible rush, but it was the most fun I've had writing an article in a while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "Rescue Me" minisodes

A short love letter to ~8 years on Google Search - 8 things I’m grateful for.

Avengers Endgame: how trivial passions can nudge a career