Quick Reviews: Wicked, Betrayal

I've wanted to catch Wicked for what seems like at least a year now, so I was glad that I finally got around to it.

I loved it! It's a great story, as well as a great twist on the Oz story.
It fun, touching as well as a little heartbreaking.

The songs are great, the show is fun and cast was fantastic. I caught it at the Oriental, which is a really great theatre.

Also caught Betrayal, a play by Harold Pinter last week at the Steppenwolf theater. I thought the play was ok, but stayed back after the play for a 30 min discussion on the play where metaphors that Pinter used, some of the characters motivations and structure were discussed. I enjoyed that almost as much as the play.:)
It reminded me how most art by good artists is multi-layered and often we miss that...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "Rescue Me" minisodes

A short love letter to ~8 years on Google Search - 8 things I’m grateful for.

Avengers Endgame: how trivial passions can nudge a career