Quick Reviews: Cheeni Kum and the 3 reviews

I hadn't seen a Hindi movie in a theatre in a while, so was glad a whole bunch of people made it down to the suburbs to catch Cheeni Kum. It was definitely one of the funniest Hindi movies I've seen in ages. Amitabh, Tabu and Paresh Rawal are excellent, but what really stood out for me was the quality of the writing and jokes. I don't think I've laughed as consistently at a Hindi comedy in a while, and the character development was truly, truly excellent.
Pretty incredible for anyone, but especially for a first-time director.

Also last week caught the two "3"s that were released. Yup, I have really totally checked out. Saw the Pirates series finale and Shrek 3 back to back. Pirates: eeh..; it was ok, but not great, kinda like the second.
Shrek 3 was a blast. Thought it was better than the second.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Both you and Nadadur liked "Cheeni Kum". That raises a lot of red flags for me.
salgar said…
Hmmm...

Popular posts from this blog

The "Rescue Me" minisodes

A short love letter to ~8 years on Google Search - 8 things I’m grateful for.

Avengers Endgame: how trivial passions can nudge a career