Quick review: Talk to Me and Potter 5.

Caught the Order of the Phoenix earlier in the week. No. 5 was probably my least favorite of all the books, but the movie works much better. General solidity all around. The script was surprisingly tight and I thought Imelda Staunton as Dolores Umbridge was particularly good.

Now begins the wait to read the Deathly Hallows, the final Harry Potter book. Given my resolution to avoid buying books to keep the clutter away, the biggest challenge will be to avoid listening to any spoilers, till the book is ready for me to pick up at the library.:)

Talk to Me:

A review at Rottentomatoes used the words "multiple oscar nominations" while reviewing the movie. I kinda agree, though I'm not completely certain who get the Best Actor nomination and who gets the Supporting Actor one. I thought Chiwetel Ejiofor stole the film despite a predictably great performance from Don Cheadle. Taraji P. Henson is great as well. Despite all the great performances, it isn't just about the acting. The script really worked for me. The humor works and the characters endear themselves to you, which makes their pain and very human flaws all the more painful to watch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "Rescue Me" minisodes

A short love letter to ~8 years on Google Search - 8 things I’m grateful for.

Avengers Endgame: how trivial passions can nudge a career