Ah, globalization...

..when a mainstream Hindi film hits the main Apple trailers page.
I guess having mainstream Hollywood studio as a producer has some advantages.

I must say, watching a hindi movie trailer in high resolution is a welcome change from having to catch em on YouTube:); especially this one since... say what you will about (in my opinion, the really good, but still really over-rated) Sanjay Leela Bhansali, the man knows how to create gorgeous looking frames.

In what will come as a shock to people who know me well, I haven't got around to watching this movie yet (yes, though its been out for 5 days!:)) I have a sneaking feeling I'll be slightly disappointed by it though.

When you expect to be disappointed though, can you really still be disappointed? Yes, this is how I waste my braincells.

Comments

mkk said…
Yes, yes you can. Especially if the film is worse than your expectations. I actually really like SLB's stuff -- I cry thinking about Devdas and get all giddy when I think about HDDCS. And now I'm just warning you to lower your expectations even more. Admittedly, the sets are beautiful and unique but nothing can save the storyline, the holes in it, and the lack of any connection the audience feels with the character. SLB screwed up BIG time. I'm still annoyed, as you can tell :-P. But, if you want a couple of hours of sheer silliness and cheap laughs, go see Om Shanti Om instead.
salgar said…
Will do. :)

Popular posts from this blog

The "Rescue Me" minisodes

A short love letter to ~8 years on Google Search - 8 things I’m grateful for.

Avengers Endgame: how trivial passions can nudge a career