Busy with Buzzwords: Game Face

This was a so-so week. I got stuff done, but there were two-three days where clearly I wasn't on my A-Game. I was sleep-deprived and was pre-occupied with a couple of (work and non-work) related things which meant I was a little off.

But it made me recognize two things. Its important to:
  • Work and plan as hard as possible to show up with your A-game: sharp, happy, organized, "yourself"
  • Recognize that very often that's not possible. That is key.
    Acknowledging that sometimes we're not all there, and that we're human, and when stressed/ sleepy/ multi-tasking can't have our best foot forward. Recognize that, and make watching yourself a priority and try to get your A-Game back. Either
    • change behavior based on understanding that you're not all there. This can mean (in my case) shutting up more, or judging less, or concentrating more or objecting less.
    • fake it! Act a little sharper, happier and more organized than you feel. I'm surprised by how often, just acting the part can mean you just quickly grow into it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "Rescue Me" minisodes

A short love letter to ~8 years on Google Search - 8 things I’m grateful for.

Avengers Endgame: how trivial passions can nudge a career