Speed Racer: review and smart cross-promotion on Hulu..

I watched a lot of the Speed Racer cartoons when I was growing up, so I made sure that I caught the movie on the first-day.
I really liked it, but I think more because it kept reminding me of how much I absolutely loved the trailer than anything else.

Its not a bad movie, but you'll truly enjoy it only if you were a fan of the show. Only then will the theme music, the demo of the Mach 5 features, the Rex Racer flashbacks not just be cheesy bits that work for kids, but goose-pimple inducing moments.

That's why I think its absolutely brilliant that 49 episodes of the Speed Racer cartoon are on Hulu, and both they and the studio did a smart cross-promotion gig by putting them on the landing page on the first day. I'm surprised Hulu didn't do some better online ad buys to direct traffic to the site though....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "Rescue Me" minisodes

A short love letter to ~8 years on Google Search - 8 things I’m grateful for.

Avengers Endgame: how trivial passions can nudge a career