Sigh: VCs advertising on facebook

It's actually pretty effective, now that I think about it. The times are-a-changing, and if you're not Tier-1 VC firm this is a good way to source business plans.

The super-targeting that Facebook offers means that I've had a bunch of interesting ads served to me some where the targetting works and some when not. I've even had photo ads from 
  • someone who wanted to work on YouTube
  • someone who wanted to work at Google
  • someone how wanted a date to the Google dance. :)
When the targetting has failed has been once I got engaged a year ago, and had nothing but wedding-themed ads for months (where to get married, what to buy, wedding gowns etc.) Of course, those have disappeared now that I'm married. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "Rescue Me" minisodes

A short love letter to ~8 years on Google Search - 8 things I’m grateful for.

Avengers Endgame: how trivial passions can nudge a career