And now the search battle gets a little more interesting...

...
While searching for a friend on Facebook, I suddenly noticed that I was being served search results on the side, that were "powered by Bing"
Apparently this started a couple of weeks ago.

Pic below for searching for Google, with the search results block in red.


Facebook usage does lead to searches; some study a while ago showed that Facebook users tended to increase their Google searches, and I can believe that given my own behavior.

Bing is pushing hard to acquire traffic. I can hardly do a general-ish query on Google without being served an ad for Bing.

Not a bad way for Microsoft to make use of its investment. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "Rescue Me" minisodes

A short love letter to ~8 years on Google Search - 8 things I’m grateful for.

Avengers Endgame: how trivial passions can nudge a career