Multi-tasking is evil...

Yet more evidence that multi-tasking is bad for you.

This isn't surprising to me; I know its bad for me; it reduces the overall quality of work and ease with which I'd get things done; yet I can't keep away from it.

The GTD methodology suggests something similar and has the same core thesis and begs you to avoid multi-tasking:
  • do one thing at a time
  • focus on it completely and immerse yourself in it; that's the way to enjoy yourself.
  • use tools (lists, rules about when to do stuff etc.) to schedule what to do when and what to drop;
Easier said than done, but reminding yourself always helps.:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "Rescue Me" minisodes

A short love letter to ~8 years on Google Search - 8 things I’m grateful for.

Avengers Endgame: how trivial passions can nudge a career