- Food: more options than the Bay Area, but not necessarily better
- Food: available till much later in the night than the Bay Area but still not better
- Energy: 4am in mid-town NYC on a weeknight is about the same as 9pm on Saturday in Mountain View
- Everything: Costs more.
- Apartments: Double the cost for half the space and twice the "yikes"
- People: Everyone walks faster than me
- People: Nearly everyone dresses better than me
- Working for Google here: Still just as awesome
My wife had the following experience yesterday on her ride back home. She got on the train and found a seat. The train was unusually crowded and it looked a lot of people had to stand for a long ride. An elderly Asian gentleman carrying a few things in both hands, was looking for spot, started to complain smilingly about the train being so full and stood in the aisle at the back of the carriage some seats away from her.
She expected someone closer to gentleman in the aisle (lots of younger people on the train) to give him their seat.
No one did.
The train started, and it was clear the man was having a lot of trouble standing up. Then at the next stop there was actually an announcement saying the train was full so please give up your seats to people who needed them.
Still nobody moved.
My wife got up walked to the end of the train and asked the gentleman to go over to her seat. She still couldn…