Expect to repeat.;...really; expect to repeat
Something I've heard from execs at Google a few times (appropriately!) now is the need to repeat to get your message it across. I've heard it stated two ways that I've really liked:
I'd often find myself thinking "...but I'd told you this" or "we'd talked about this last week" even as I went over it yet again. It'd get a little annoying.
But I've realized that ideas and messages just take time to get through. Some of it because
- people are distracted or have too much going on (as someone once said 10% of the attention/headspace of a really smart person is a pretty average intellect) and given our multi-tasking ways at work that's pretty much what you have to work with most of the time.
- surprisingly many people just need to hear something again and again before they believe you. The re-enforcement just helps.
- some things just need time to sink in.
- I may not have explained it very well the last time.
- ...and of course some skulls are just thicker than others :-D