Gandhi's seven deadly sins


Walking around the HBS campus over the weekend I chanced upon this picture (left.)

More than the picture, the "seven deadly sins" in the lower left corner (picture below.) caught my attention.

With Gandhi's focus on asceticism and simple living, particularly in these times, the nuance in his words is really worth noting.

The way I read it, he doesn't prescribe his own lifestyle for others as much as he does moderation and thoughtfulness: having a conscience, understanding why you're pursing anything, and tempering ambition with caring in all things.



Comments

Tony said…
that's deep.
Anonymous said…
'Principle' is misspelled. Where did you see this sign? Or, where does this quote come from? I can't find any definitive source for this Gandhi quote, like a book or a speech.
salgar said…
Oh yeah. I'd missed that.:)
The picture is hanging in a hall at Harvard Business School. Hmm... I couldn't find the definitive source either.

Popular posts from this blog

The "Rescue Me" minisodes

A short love letter to ~8 years on Google Search - 8 things I’m grateful for.

Avengers Endgame: how trivial passions can nudge a career