Quick reviews: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang

I also ended up reading a couple of novels over the last week or two. It'd been a while since I'd read the mystery-type thingy, and so I enjoyed The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. The writing and the plot is really solid and I was hooked right through. The setting (mostly in remote parts of Sweden) is novel and worked for me too, but its the characters that really make the story, so its a good thing they've got a bunch of A-listers contending for the Hollywood remake. :)
Its a great hook-me-entertain-me-mystery. Because of all the buzz around this one, I was expecting more, so I came away a little "that was it?", but the book did enough for me to pick up the next volume in the Millenium trilogy for commute reading.

I also ended up finishing Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang which I probably shouldn't admit in public. Its a set of stories from the life of Chelsea Handler. I felt about it like I do about her late-night TV show. I can't believe I watch it; I know I probably shouldn't bother; I'm sure there are a a million other things I ought to do instead; but its still pretty funny sometimes. Grrr...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "Rescue Me" minisodes

A short love letter to ~8 years on Google Search - 8 things I’m grateful for.

Avengers Endgame: how trivial passions can nudge a career