Quick, quick movie review: Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

Quite simply the most fun I've had in a movie theatre in a while (how many million times have I said that this year already?? :))

Anyway, I don't find myself compelled to applaud during the middle of a movie often; and it happened twice on this one...and I had company in the theatre!

The movie is ridiculously faithful to the comics (though some side-plots have been changed) but it's really the direction that makes this movie.

Edgar Wright played around brilliantly with genres, breaking storytelling formats, and some really slick editing and camera work in Hot Fuzz, and even Shaun of the Dead. This story, where genre and storytelling bending material abound, was perfect for him to direct. He nails it and infuses it with tons of energy and humor to boot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "Rescue Me" minisodes

A short love letter to ~8 years on Google Search - 8 things I’m grateful for.

Avengers Endgame: how trivial passions can nudge a career