Perfect memory: a little closer. :)
- tools of capture: i.e. the ability to quickly capture places, pictures, notes and video - specifically the access, price and design of tools for this purpose (from digital cameras in phones to journalling software like Evernote)
- ease of storage: i.e. as both the price of digital storage falls to near-zero, and becomes even more convenient to carry about (first shrinking physical storage like pen drives and now a direct sync to the cloud)
- recall: the ability to quickly access and find the exact piece of memory that we need to (i.e. everything that we stored above needs to be indexed/labelled and as easy to find as it was to store.)
- Everything needs to get much faster or more intuitive or both: the tools to produce and consume this information, the hardware, the connectivity...
- Significant advances will be required in how to process and understand this volume of information
- And of course, there are tons of privacy and social implications.