New Year Resolutions!

Happy New Year!

I finally wrote my resolutions for the year down. Hey, the first week of the year is a totally acceptable time frame to do it in! :-)

While I have a nodding sympathy for (i.e. I will politely smile and nod at people who say this)  the "there's nothing special about the New Year.", "Resolutions are silly", "You can make one at any time." sayers in our midst, I think any ritual that makes you take stock of where you are and plan for where you want to be is worthwhile; and the power of the ritual increases as more people do it.

So, I wrote mine down and hope to do a half-decent job revisiting and tracking them. And while I understand the power of public commitment, this year I decided to keep mine private.

Good luck with your New Year Resolutions!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "Rescue Me" minisodes

A short love letter to ~8 years on Google Search - 8 things I’m grateful for.

Avengers Endgame: how trivial passions can nudge a career