Two great (short) reads: "How will you measure your life?" and "Managing oneself"

I ended up actually getting some reading done on long train rides over the summer break.

Two short articles ended up giving me more to think than I'd expected.

The former isn't behind an HBR paywall and well worth the read. A couple of people had told me about this article and had discussed a lot of what was in it with me, but reading was still well worth it.

The latter is behind a paywall, and while there's a lot to take away form it (find your strengths, understand how you learn, grow your strengths etc.), the point that stayed with me was the final one: know your values and if your values aren't consistent with those of where you're working, it doesn't matter how good you are or what you do, you're unlikely to be successful there. So find a place and role where you fit.

If you're in the mood for some career-ish reading, I highly recommend both.

Comments

Josekin said…
Thanks for sharing.

Popular posts from this blog

The "Rescue Me" minisodes

A short love letter to ~8 years on Google Search - 8 things I’m grateful for.

Avengers Endgame: how trivial passions can nudge a career