Update: The book-a-week project




Its Week 3 of the Book-a-Week project.

The bad news is that I'm behind.
The good news is that I'm not that behind :-), so should be able to catch up.

I'm about 2.4 books in at the end of Week 3. I'm expecting to keep the pattern of non-fiction followed by fiction going.

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. It means my list of what-to-read-next is pretty set.

The Hard Thing About Hard Things: Building a Business When There Are No Easy AnswersQuick reviews of the first couple of books I read below, and I'm going to keep updating them at Goodreads as well.

The Hard Thing about Hard Things: A couple of people actually pinged me to ask why the heck I hadn't rated the book higher - I gave it 4 stars. But I'd actually given it 3 first before changing my rating. I should clarify. If you haven't read Ben Horowitz's stuff before, this book is just gold. Just "Good PM, Bad PM" and "Wartime/Peacetime CEO" deserve a 5-star rating. However if you follow his blog already, you are really looking for more context and his backstory. This gives you some of that, but not as much as I'd expected. Hence the docking of the star.

1768603

The White Tiger: I enjoyed this one (3 stars) - it was a light, interesting read. I don't get why it won the Booker, but a lot of these award winners are regularly head scratchers for me.

Finally, I'm midway through Thinking, Fast and Slow. Amazing so far, but more on it later. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "Rescue Me" minisodes

A short love letter to ~8 years on Google Search - 8 things I’m grateful for.

Avengers Endgame: how trivial passions can nudge a career