But death and mortality has been on my mind a lot over the last month.
- First, within the space of a week I heard about 3 former colleagues passing away. And then I heard about another from his family for whom the end was near. All of them were far too young and with young families.
- For reasons I don't understand and I'm sure would make fascinating psycho-analytical material, I had a couple of dreams last week about my father who passed away three years ago. Each ending with my waking up because I tried to call him in the dream and finally realizing I couldn't.
- And then yesterday I read the poignant note that Sheryl Sandberg wrote about coping with the death of her husband.
- If I died tomorrow, what would I not want to miss today?
- If I died next year, what would I regret not doing this year?