Fun job perk: finding interesting stuff! This week - Desiderata

One of the fun perks of my job is that on many days simply the act of doing my job means I learn or find a lot of interesting stuff. Product managing on Search often involves search query debugging, and you often stumble on to really interesting stuff.

Last week it was this poem: Desiderata.

"With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful.Strive to be happy. "

I find myself going back to read it again all of this week.

Also caught Baby Driver this week - though that would've probably happened even if I didn't work on Search. :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "Rescue Me" minisodes

A short love letter to ~8 years on Google Search - 8 things I’m grateful for.

Avengers Endgame: how trivial passions can nudge a career